[Dbix-class] revisiting soft deletes.. best approach

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Wed May 19 08:19:34 GMT 2021

Hi All,

It's been a while since I've touched soft deletions in dbic, what's
the recommended/standard current approach?

I didn't see an out-of-the-box cpan module (although I'd be very happy
to be corrected on that), so I think we're currently going with
over-riding delete in result class and overriding rs_search in
resultset.

I've used DBIx:::Class::RestrictWithObject successfully before and
that seems a straightforward approach, although it's tempting to maybe
refactor it into an out-of-the-box soft delete plugin.

How's everybody else doing with soft deletes? Any suggestions? Any pitfalls?

Thanks,

Aaron

--
Aaron J Trevena, BSc Hons