[Epo-ec-advisors] Deployability Article

Léon Brocard acme at astray.com
Tue Jul 7 14:45:14 GMT 2009

2009/7/7 Chris Prather <perigrin at gmail.com>:
> Today http://www.siberian.org/2009/06/26/deployability/ came up in the
> Perl Signals list that Jess Robinson produces

CPAN.pm works for simple things, and then people build their own for
when it gets more complicated. I've toyed with what would be the one
true packaging / deployment thingy and it's hard to pin it down to one
thing as many environments will be different. Debs / PAR / Tarballs.
Versioning, dependencies, being able to remove packages...

It's another of those huge projects that I don't really have time to
build myself.

Leon