[Epo-marketing] Where from here?

Mike Whitaker epo at altrion.org
Tue Dec 9 18:39:40 GMT 2008

OK.

So, fairly shortly, we should have the various press release and a FAQ
sorted. (I could really use some traction on the last five FAQ
questions, as a couple are still blank and several others just contain
Cory's original text).

What next? It is (as the intro to EPO says) time.

There's a couple of outstanding things that need tackling:

- Draft a joint press release with rdice/TPF so that we defer - mst
is, I believe, going to be talking to him.
- News section on the website (for the stuff we're about to announce)
- Once we're good with those (and ideally I'm hoping we could be ready
by Friday?), we need to hit various places with the Intro to EP, TPF
stuff, the two working group announcements and the PerlOasis news:
questions:
     - do we release all at once or over a few days?
     - who do we release to? PerlBuzz, use.perl.org for two. Other
thoughts?
     - I'm inclined, for the two working group releases, to not name
names yet, as ideally we'd like to recruit more members. Is it an idea
to at least nominate notional /heads/ of WG's for the release, and
work from there? Thoughts?
- What else do we want to announce/do? I'd like to keep a reasonable
stream of announcements going, as it keeps us visible?

Doc URLs for those who still need them:

Introducing the Enlightened Perl exte...
http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dg77pzd2_1dpzhqmc2&invite=sk7gpg

Introducing EPO
http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dg77pzd2_0cm7c3ggv&invite=dbbvhwg

Enlightened Perl FAQ
http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dg77pzd2_2ck5nmpfg&invite=42pj38

Introducing the EPO marketing group
http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dg77pzd2_3ccmjcwcb&invite=cdxj5xs

Enlightened Perl to give keynote at P...
http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dg77pzd2_4k2r8gxgg&invite=gkhxkp3

Mike, who seems to be doing a lot of the general kicking hereabouts :)
--
Mike Whitaker    | Perl developer, writer, guitarist, photographer
mike at altrion.org | Board member, http://www.enlightenedperl.org/