[Epo-marketing] Funding for conference swag

Gabor Szabo szabgab at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 11:05:03 GMT 2009

As you might have heard there is a group of people trying to represent
Perl and Perl projects on various non-perl events.
aka, promotion.

We'll have a stand on both FOSDEM and CeBIT and I hope we will
have representatives on many other events as well in 2010.

One of the things these representatives could do is to give
away things during the event - even if we don't have a stand or a booth.

Ideas that came up so far were
1) wooden roud tuit
2) baseball card (like on Nordic Perl Workshop but for CPAN modules)
3) postcard with list of Perl events
4) CD (LiveCD + videos + Perl ready to run on windows_

For all this we need people who will prepare the things (e.g. design,
contacting suppliers etc)
and we need financing.

I hope we will get some financing from TPF but I wanted to ask the EPO
Marketing list
what do you think about creating a budget for such things from the money EPO has
and/or going out to companies and asking for more money for promotion?

Details about the events group can be found here:
http://www.perlfoundation.org/perl5/index.cgi?events

regards
   Gabor
   http://szabgab.com/