[Epo-marketing] Perl is Alive - advocacy site

Denny 2009 at denny.me
Mon Feb 16 15:24:17 GMT 2009

Hi,

My employer[0] graciously allowed my colleagues and I to produce a Perl
advocacy site, largely on company time, and hosted on company servers.
Here it is: http://perlisalive.com/

The aim of the site is, obviously, to provide a counter-point to the
oft-heard phrase 'perl is dead'.  We want to achieve this not by
explicitly claiming "We're not dead, honest we're not!", but rather by
running (or linking to) articles that clearly demonstrate the vitality
of Perl today - real-world case studies, large-scale implementations,
anything interesting that is being done with Perl right now.  Reaching
the conclusion that we're not dead can hopefully be left to the reader
at that point.

The site is technically fairly much ready for launch now, but what it
really needs is more content.  If you've got an interesting concrete
example of Perl doing good stuff, we'd love to see an article about it
in our submissions queue  :)

Until we've got a good amount of content up, I'd prefer to avoid
meta-discussion articles about 'the perl community' and other such
worthy subjects, and (if possible) focus on articles that talk about
real-world projects that are already up and running.  If your article
might not fit this brief, please grab me on IRC[1] for a quick chat
about whether to submit it or hold fire for now, or possibly post it
somewhere else (Proud to use Perl[2] springs to mind as another current
advocacy project worth supporting).

Speaking of other sites, just to be clear - any articles submitted to
Perl is Alive remain your property, and you can re-post them wherever
else you see fit.

General feedback about the site is also very welcome, of course - either
by private or list email, or on IRC.  Yes, I do know that the search
area isn't templated yet  :)

Regards,
Denny

[0] Digital Craftsmen - www.digitalcraftsmen.net
[1] I'm 'denny' on irc.freenode.net and irc.perl.org
[2] http://proudtouseperl.org/