[Epo-marketing] Funding for conference swag

Gabor Szabo szabgab at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 11:47:28 GMT 2010

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 1:33 PM, Mark Keating <m.keating at shadowcat.co.uk> wrote:

>> Especially if it can be made quickly so we can have them on FOSDEM.
>>

> Unlikely for FOSDEM but we can try ;)
>>
>> The question of course will be what is on these things?
>>

> Well I would go for list of links/addresses with the logo on one side and
> images with the logo "Become a Member, Become a Blogger" on the other. I am
> happy to do the mock-ups and have something of an idea already.

so the question who do you target with this, what do you promote and what logo
are you talking about?

Are you promoting
Perl?
Iron Man?
EPO?
Catalyst?
Moose?
Padre?

Remember - at least the conferences I am talking about - most of the people
are not perl users and even if they use perl they don't attend Perl conferences
and workshops.

So getting them to blog about Perl or even to join EPO might not be the best
objective.

BTW would you use a beer thingy that has "become a member of XYZ" written on it?
I think a logo or two, a URL and some buzzwords would be better.

e.g. Moose with the text based on "Moose is a postmodern object system
for Perl 5 ...."
Or a Catalyst logo with some relevant text.

Gabor