[Epo-members-announce] Adding Padre, the Perl IDE as and EPO project

Darren Duncan darren at darrenduncan.net
Mon Feb 15 22:09:45 GMT 2010

Mark Keating wrote:
> Please vote on this matter. Ordinary Membership are the votes that count
> (as they hold voting privilidges) but please vote if you are a Special
> Member so we can keep some kind of account of the feeling of the
> organisation as a whole, your opinion does mean something to us.

(Note: I'm a special member.  As such, my vote doesn't actually count.)

While I've never used Padre before nor expect to in the foreseeable future (I am
happy with BBEdit et al), I believe that Padre is a valuable project for the
Perl ecosystem, and I wish it success ... and maybe someday I'll use it myself.

As for whether Padre becomes an EPO project, I am voting YES/+1.

But as MST said, I'm also in favor of not making that official until after
Strawberry Pro is released.

Also, from what little I understand of Padre but from what others have said
here, I also wouldn't consider refactoring or decoupling Padre components to be
out of the question.

-- Darren Duncan