[Epo-members-announce] QA Hackathon, Promotional Material, Membership management, New Director

Mark Keating m.keating at shadowcat.co.uk
Mon Feb 14 15:34:45 GMT 2011

Hi All,

Sorry it has been a while since I last sent out an email detailing the things we are doing but there have been a number of challenges to my time of late and I am finally catching up.

QA HACKATHON:
The annual QA Hackathon will be held in April in Amsterdam and the organisers are seeking sponsorship from a number of organisations and the EPO is one of those organisations. I am therefore seeking you to vote on whether we should sponsor this event to the sum of 500 euros. I require you to state:

Hanckathon: Yay - Yes - Aye

or:

Hackathon: Nay - No - Nope

Closing date for votes is this Friday 18th February

PROMOTIONAL MATERIAL:
We are once agin being asked to provide promotional material for conferences outside of the general Perl sphere. I therefore require you to vote if we should produce some material, again votes should be in by this Friday 14th february with:

Promo: Yay - Yes - Aye

or:

Promo: Nay - No - Nope

If we have a yes vote to this I will be mailing you for some further help in producing material, I have some ideas for this year and it will require the skills of some of you, so keep watching.

MEMBERSHIP MANAGEMENT:
We will be installing and using a new system to manage membership this year. hopefully this system will automate the membership process and allow us to integrate a monthly membership program (or a weekly one) and a donations system that is better organised. Please have patience while we are arranging this. If you have spare tuits and want to help then grab Mark Keating (mdk) or Ian Norton (idn) on irc - usually #epo or #northwestengland.pm are good channels.

NEW DIRECTOR:
As according to the Organisations rules (and a little later than desired) I am announcing that Marcus Ramberg will be resigning as a Director of the EPO. Marcus has found that he is too busy t continue his role so we are now seeking to elect a new Director from the membership. If you wish to be considered for this post then please contact Mark at m.keating(at)shadowcat .co.uk with a brief bio and I will collect names for a vote. Applications will be accepted up to the 25th February. Please note that the Directorship, as in accordance with the Organisation's rules, may only be elected from the list of ordinary members.

Thanks for your time, I look forward to hearing your votes. All members may vote (whether Special or Ordinary) but Ordinary members have ruling or deciding votes. Special membership votes are important as it allows us to judge the wishes of our membership.

Kind regards

Mark

Mark Keating BA (Hons)          |  Writer, Photographer, Cat-Herder
Managing Director               |  Shadowcat Systems Limited
Director/Secretary              |  Enlightened Perl Organisation
co-Leader                       |  North West England Perl Mongers
http://www.shadowcat.co.uk      |  http://www.enlightenedperl.org
http://northwestengland.pm.org  |  http://linkedin.com/in/markkeating