[Handel] Getting started

Drew Taylor taylor.andrew.j at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 05:54:20 CET 2005

I'm getting started with Handel and had a few questions. First, I should
note that I'm using the DBIC branch (r1021 installed).

I used the Scaffold helper to get the Controller classes started, and moved
the begin & end methods to the main application class. So I'm ok on the
controllers for the moment. However, I'm not sure how to specify the
database connection in M/Cart, etc. I want to reuse the connection from my
DBIC base class if possible. Are there any other known gotchas w/ the DBIC
branch?

I'm looking forward to diving into the cart code tomorrow, so expect more
questions. :-)

Thanks,
Drew
Drew Taylor                 *  Web development & consulting
Email: drew at drewtaylor.com  *  Site implementation & hosting
Web  : www.drewtaylor.com   *  perl/mod_perl/DBI/mysql/postgres