[Handel] Modperl init pb

Christopher H. Laco claco at chrislaco.com
Wed Oct 12 14:17:33 CEST 2005

Bernard FRIT wrote:
> Trying to launch my test application integrating catalyst and handel I
> got the following error
> when starting apache 1.3.33 on linux
>
> Couldn't load "Librairie::M::Cart", "Can't call method "dir_config" on
> an undefined value at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7/Handel/ConfigReader.pm line 39.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7/Handel/DBI.pm line 31.
> Compilation failed in require at (eval 66) line 3.
>
> The weird thing is that the application is running fine under catalyst
> build'in server.
>
> I suspect some missing directive within httpd.conf but which one ?
>
> Directives added within httpd.conf
>
> <Perl>
>         use lib qw(/home/livrepnl/www/Librairie/lib);
> </Perl>
>     PerlModule Librairie
>
>  <Location /Librairie>
>         SetHandler  perl-script
>         PerlHandler Librairie
>  </Location>

What version of Handel are you running?
0.25 fixed some nastyness with MP/MP2..in fact, I rewrote the MP
detection to actually work under MP and MP1. Inversions before that, I
just guessed since I hadn't run it under MP yet. :-(

I'm running the demo site now under MP2, so I know it works somewhat.

-=Chris