[Handel] [ANNOUNCE] Handel 0.19

Christopher H. Laco claco at chrislaco.com
Tue Sep 13 14:47:34 CEST 2005

----
My apologies for the previously empty email. My USB (with Thunderbird)
crapped out in the middle of writing the email. I took a chance on the
send....and lost. :-)
---

After a few late weeks of Catalyst hacking and prodding on #catalyst,
I'm pleased to announce the release of Handel 0.19 to the world. The
most notable changes are the Catalyst Helper/Scaffold support.

This was constructed in two steps. First, you can build each layer
seperately:

	script/create.pl model Cart Handel::Cart dsn user pass
	script/create.pl controller Cart Handel::Cart

	script/create.pl model Orders Handel::Order dsn user pass
	script/create.pl controller Orders Handel::Order

	script/create.pl controller Checkout Handel::Checkout

or you can build them all at once:

	script/create.pl Handel::Scaffold dsn user pass

See each helpers documantation for all of the available create options.

The scaffold currently includes:

	Cart pages with add/update/delete/clear/save/restore
	Order pages with list/view
	Checkout pages with edit/preview/payment/complete

There are still some rough corners on the Catalyst scaffold, like forms
validation and fill-in-forms. I don't expect the checkout process in the
scaffold to ever be all things for all needs; it's just starter code.

It should be available on a CPAN mirror nearest you.

-=Chris