[Handel] Couldn't render template "file error - cart/add: not found"

pierre.beland at prrbl.org pierre.beland at prrbl.org
Fri Aug 4 21:42:07 CEST 2006

On Fri, Aug 04, 2006 at 05:35:10AM -0400, Todd W wrote:

> From: <pierre.beland at prrbl.org>
>
> > 7) In Firefox:
> >
> >    http://localhost:3000/cart
> >
> > which results in the following error:
> >
> >    Couldn't render template "file error - /cart/view.tt: \
> >    absolute paths are not allowed (set ABSOLUTE option)"
> >
> > If I call the add action in the cart namespace
> >
> >    http://localhost:3000/cart/add
> >
> > I get an error:
> >
> >    Couldn't render template "file error - cart/add: not found"

> > But if (just to see what happens) I modify the 'view' action in
> >
> >    lib/shop/Controler/Cart.pm
> >
> > and remove the forward slash  before 'cart' in "/cart/view.tt"
> > so it becomes  "cart/view.tt", I can see the cart with the
> > product I've added (or deleted).

> > Handel               0.33
> > Catalyst             5.6902
> > Catalyst::View::TT   0.22
> >

> Are you sure you are using 0.33? I submitted a patch a few months back that
> takes care of this.
>
> Todd W.

Todd,

Thank you for your reply. I am sure it is version 0.33 as far as it is the version number I get when interrogating Handel:

]# perl -MHandel -e 'print Handel->VERSION, "\n";'
0.33

The Handel.pm module was commited to the repository at the end of January (although your patch may have been intended for another module which is part of Handel):

]# head /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7/Handel.pm
# $Id: Handel.pm 1094 2006-01-24 00:45:55Z claco $
package Handel;
use strict;
use warnings;
use vars qw($VERSION);

$VERSION = '0.33';

I checked out the trunk from the svn repository in mid-may and compiled its content with no problem.

I'll reinstall version 0.33 of the module using CPAN and see what happens.

Thanks again.