[Handel] mp1 database connectivity

Christopher H. Laco claco at chrislaco.com
Wed May 3 21:34:41 CEST 2006

> Sure, attached :-)
>
> Like I say, the problem is ->connection unconditionally being called in
> the BEGIN block in Handel/DBI.pm. If it was obvious to me how to patch
> it so this happens in a condition without hosing your Handel apps, I
> wouldn't be wasting your time like this.
>
> Todd W.

Not a waste of time at all really. Any MP code in there was just a guess
on my part since I barely use it any more. I run the current site under
FastCGI, and the demo [of course] doesn't have this issue. I'm sure it's
just something I didn't think of about the MP lifecycle, and when
connections get set vs/ read from the httpd.conf...

Just for giggles, what happens if you leave th offending line in
Handel::DBI, and put this in your FundRaiser.pm:

Handel::DBI->connection(
	'dbi:mysql:dbname=handel',
	'handeluser',
	'handelpass'