[html-formfu] New Element::Date leaks memory?

Tobias Kremer list at funkreich.de
Fri Aug 24 13:39:02 GMT 2007

> Have you confirmed that the process size only grows if Date elements are
> used?

Yes, forms w/o the Date element aren't suffering from this.

> Are you using auto_inflate(1)?
> Does the Date have any other constraints, filters, etc?
> What methods are you calling on the form / date field?

Here's the YAML I used:

---
elements:
  - type: date
    name: birthdate
    label: 'Birthdate:'
    day:
      prefix: "- Day -"
    month:
      prefix: "- Month -"
    year:
      prefix: "- Year -"
      less: 70
      plus: 0
    auto_inflate: 1

No other methods are called in the Controller-part on the form.

Maybe this is a Cat-only problem. I reproduced it with a simple Cat-App which
does nothing but outputting the form above via $c->res->body(). The memory
usage grows from 27 megs to 44 megs after about 3000 requests (tested with top
and ab).

By the way: I just realized that incorporating FormFu makes Catalyst grow from
11 megs to 27 megs - that's a pretty huge memory usage IMHO. Can you confirm
this?

--Tobias