[html-formfu] New Element::Date leaks memory?

Tobias Kremer list at funkreich.de
Mon Aug 27 10:01:23 GMT 2007

Quoting Carl Franks <fireartist at gmail.com>:

> On 24/08/07, Tobias Kremer <list at funkreich.de> wrote:
> > While tracking down some memory leaks I realized that all forms utilizing
> the
> > new Date element are leaking some memory - at least while running under
> > Catalyst (FCGI). I'm measuring this with top and ab and I can see an
> endless,
> > constant growth in memory usage for all pages that use forms with the Date
> > element (after 500 requests the memory usage of the Catalyst FastCGI
> process
> > grows from 47megs to 50 megs). I'm using the latest CPAN release 0.01003.
>
> Did you manage to confirm that switching to Template::Alloy fixes the
> memory leak?

Sorry for not getting back to you about this. I was already using
Template::Alloy. I'm still seeing a constant memory increase for the Date
element in our application. Haven't had the time to put together a test or
minimal Cat app that shows this as I'm busy preparing things before heading off
to YAPC::Europe.

--Tobias