[html-formfu] New Element::Date leaks memory?

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 13:52:58 GMT 2007

On 24/08/07, Tobias Kremer <list at funkreich.de> wrote:
> While tracking down some memory leaks I realized that all forms utilizing the
> new Date element are leaking some memory - at least while running under
> Catalyst (FCGI). I'm measuring this with top and ab and I can see an endless,
> constant growth in memory usage for all pages that use forms with the Date
> element (after 500 requests the memory usage of the Catalyst FastCGI process
> grows from 47megs to 50 megs). I'm using the latest CPAN release 0.01003.

I've fixed several circular references - you'll need to update both
HTML-FormFu and Catalyst-Controller-HTML-FormFu.

I've also submitted a bug report for 2 circular references in
DateTime::Format::Builder.
If it's a priority, you might want to apply the patch I submitted -
it's attached to the RT queue:
http://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=29034

With both these changes, I've verified that a cat app with a Date
element no longer increases in RAM usage after the first hit.