[html-formfu] formular request getting very slow with large select box

Brian Cassidy brian.cassidy at nald.ca
Tue Dec 18 18:26:29 GMT 2007

Markus Roghani wrote:
> I'm using html formfu with the catalyst controller. On a select box
> with 360 values, the formular request is running 75 seconds. Any ideas to
> make it faster ?

What version of formfu? If you're using 0.02xxx, then the default
perl-based stringification should be giving you better results than that.

I experienced some significant slowdowns with the TT2 rendering. Carl
suggested i try Template::Alloy w/ caching on -- i never got that far
into it before 0.02000 came out.

-Brian