[html-formfu] name and id are missing from customized Checkboxgroup elements

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 15:22:09 GMT 2007

On 19/12/2007, kewei xiao <kewei.xiao at nald.ca> wrote:
> Hi Carl

Hi Ke Wei,
please address messages to the list, rather than myself - unless you
want to draw up a personal support contract ;)

>     After I used Checkboxgroup in my customized element, it appears that
> name, id and attributes_xml are missing.  I am not sure if I have done
> something wrong, below is the code:

options() doesn't accept all the same arguments as elements() does.
It only accepts: value, label, attributes, label_attributes.

You shouldn't be trying to set 'name' here, that should be set at the
element-level: because all the checkboxes in the group must have the
same name.

'id' should be part of the 'attributes' hashref.

'attributes_xml' is currently not supported - patches welcome.

HTML/FormFu/Element/_Group::_parse_option() should probably also be
fixed to return an error on unknown keys.

Cheers,