[html-formfu] Template::Alloy rendering

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 09:38:34 GMT 2007

On 05/07/07, Tobias Kremer <list at funkreich.de> wrote:
> Hi Carl,
>
> what's the status of the Template::Alloy form rendering? Parts of it seem to
> already be in the svn but the actual rendering class doesn't use it yet AFAICT.

okay, I've submitted my changes.

You can switch to Template::Alloy using either:

    $form->render_class_args({ TEMPLATE_ALLOY => 1 });

which in yaml is:

---
render_class_args:
    TEMPLATE_ALLOY: 1

Or you can set the HTML_FORMFU_TEMPLATE_ALLOY environment variable to true.
This is particularly useful for running the entire test suite under
Template::Alloy.

In my benchmarks, running just the files which hit the templates, I
saw a 28% increase in speed after switching to Template::Alloy.