[html-formfu] select element with options attribute slowdown

Tobias Kremer list at funkreich.de
Thu May 10 17:48:35 GMT 2007

Am 10.05.2007 um 17:43 schrieb Carl Franks:
> On 10/05/07, Tobias Kremer <list at funkreich.de> wrote:
>> Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the problem either as a
>> plain perl
>> script (without Catalyst) proves: setting 1000 options and
>> rendering the form
>> via TT comes out at 0.04 seconds. It's somehow Catalyst-related.
>> I'll have
>> to dig into it a little deeper but any suggestions are greatly
>> appreciated!
> I take it that was timed on one of the machines that's running
> slow, right?

Of course :)

> There's no code or server stats, so can't really help any further.

I'll look into it a little deeper and hope to come up with some code
that
extracts the root of the problem.

> If it looks Cat-related, I seem to recall either `cpan` or `cpanp`
> having an option to update all installed modules... ;)

I'm already at the bleeding edge with the -current svn version
because I need
the PathPrefix() action attribute.

And yes, I've installed that on all the machines in question :)

--Tobias

+ web ::::::: http://www.funkreich.de
+ last.fm ::: http://www.last.fm/user/soulchild77