[html-formfu] Re: RFC: automatic constraints from DBIx::Class column_info

Zbigniew Lukasiak zzbbyy at gmail.com
Thu May 17 12:47:45 GMT 2007

My first thought was that those constraints should be generated into
the config files - just as I did in InstantCRUD, so that people can
modify them.  But then actually it makes sense that the database
induced constraints are fixed. They are the minimal set of constraints
- so you only need to add other constraints to them not modify them.

There is another aspect of this - the list of fields a FormFu has, it
also can be deduced from the schema - and I think there is the place
for generation.

Is there any reason to split the ResoultSet name to schema and table?
Why not use

constraints_from_dbic: [ 'MyApp::Schema::Table' ]

?

--
Zbyszek

On 5/17/07, Carl Franks <fireartist at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 17/05/07, Carl Franks <fireartist at gmail.com> wrote:
> > At the moment, it adds constraints to fields which have the same name
> > as an existing column.
> > I plan on adding support for a 2nd argument, which would be a hashref
> > mapping fields to columns (also in other related resultsets).
>
> I've added basic support for fields in other tables, the syntax is...
>
>     $form->constraints_from_dbic(
>         [ 'MyApp::Schema', 'Person' ],
>         {
>             dongle => [ 'MyApp::Schema', 'Dongle' ],
>         }
>     );
>
> Carl

Zbigniew Lukasiak