[html-formfu] nested params branch

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 08:30:27 GMT 2007

On 02/11/2007, Mario Minati <mario.minati at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Friday 26 October 2007 12:41:53 Carl Franks wrote:
> > $form->param('foo.bar') would return: "xyz"
>

> $form->param('bar') would return undef.
> So you always have to use the complete param name.

Yup, though it shouldn't break any old code.
I'll take a look at the docs, and ensure that's make clear.

I'm also planning on overloading field->name() to disallow dots and
square brackets in names
    .[]
as that would really break things.
Making it a fatal error with a clear error message would probably also
help anyone that doesn't understand how the nested-params work, and
tries to set the name like that.

Cheers,