[html-formfu] HTML-FormFu-DBIC

Zbigniew Lukasiak zzbbyy at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 17:21:28 GMT 2007

Just a couple of thoughts.  I am still not working with FormFu
unfortunately, so you can take it with a grain of salt.

Ad Coupling between FormFu and DBIC.  I think there should be a model
agnostic update_model method.  Then most probably you'll need a
FormFu::Model::DBIC adaptor for DBIC (or you could do without it - by
just using DBIC as the model model -  and then you'll need only a
FormFu::Model::RDBO).

Ad. create_related - you can put the new related records into the
create arguments:

$artist_rs->create(
            { artistid => 4, name => 'Manufactured Crap', cds => [
               { title => 'My First CD', year => 2006 },
               { title => 'Yet More Tweeny-Pop crap', year => 2007 },
             ],
            },
);

I think we should make it working with the nested params and spare the
call to create_related that would be only unnecessary complication.
And this is actually something that I've just learnt from reading this
list - it was Jonas who mentioned that you can do it just a couple of
days ago :)

--
Zbigniew Lukasiak
http://perlalchemy.blogspot.com/