[html-formfu] nested params merged

Jonas Alves jonas.alves at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 19:56:50 GMT 2007

On Oct 31, 2007 3:52 PM, Carl Franks <fireartist at gmail.com> wrote:

> btw, I can't remember whether I mentioned it in my earlier mail to the
> list, but the Date element has changed - it no longer uses names with
> dots in - instead they're of style "date_day".
>
> Because a Date element is more a 'field' than a 'block', it's child
> elements can't be nested, otherwise I'd have a big headache and would
> never have gotten this checked in :)

Hi Carl,
The date element is a field, but given that it needs more than one
parameter to calculate it's value maybe it should behave as a Block
here.
The reason is that without the nested behavior is much more difficult
to discover if a parameter belongs to a date element. You need to
delete that parameters before passing a date to DBIC. With the old
nested behavior you could use CGI::Expand or something like that to
deleted them for you and use auto-inflate to create the datetime
element and it just works.
My intuit is to have a structure that can be validated with formfu and
then the $form->params could be passed as is to DBIC without having to
munge them.

Cheers
--
Jonas