[html-formfu] Automatic constraints from DBIC data types

Zbigniew Lukasiak zzbbyy at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 12:46:25 GMT 2007

Hi there,

I can start work on the DBIC constraints - but I am still hesitating
about the api.  I've started with a subroutine that works similarly to
the other HTML::FormFu::DBIC subs:

constraints_from_dbic( $dbic, $form );

It would just scan all form fields and add the constraints from the
$dbic row.  The problem I see is with configuration - since normal
constraints are added from the yaml config like:

elements:
      - type: Text
        name: foo
        constraints:
          - type: Length
            min: 8

So this would be a bit different.  We could also have something like:
elements:
      - type: Text
        name: foo
        constraints:
          - type: Length
            min: 8
          - type: From_DBIC
            dbic_field: foofoo

But then when converting from a vanilla FormFu to FormFu::DBIC you
would have to edit the whole yaml config.

Hmm.  Which one do  you prefer? Any other api ideas?

Cheers,
Zbyszek
http://perlalchemy.blogspot.com/