[html-formfu] Extended DBIC::Select on SVN

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 11:41:22 GMT 2007

On 13/10/2007, Mario Minati <mario.minati at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I just uploaded an updated version of DBIC::Select to SVN.
>
> There is now support for sorting the data ascending or descending with a
> separate search filed or the default name field.
>
> The documentation has been extended accordingly.

Can this not already be achieved with search_attrs() ?

    search_attrs:
      order_by: 'field_name'

I haven't tested it - but I think it should work.
It also provides the flexibility of being able to sort by the visible
label or by id.

By the way, I think name_field() should probably be renamed
label_field() to match the Select elements conventions.

It might also be worth, like the Date element, adding an accessor to
allow switching from a Select element to a RadioGroup element, as they
both use the same base class.