[html-formfu] Cookbook "custom errors" bug

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 13:30:08 GMT 2007

On 28/10/2007, Mario Minati <mario.minati at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Friday 26 October 2007 20:03:59 Ruben Fonseca wrote:
> > Hi! I've a question about the "custom error messages" on cookbook.
> >
> > Following the cookbook (and with the typo fix), it seems to work at the
> > first glance. But then I tried this on a real application (pseudo code):
> >
> > $form->set_constraint_force_errors(1);
> > $form->process($request);
> >
> > if($form->submitted_and_valid) {
> >
> > }
> >
> > The problem with this is that on my test, submitted_and_valid continues
> > to return 'true' even with the force_errors before. I think this is not
> > supposed to happen. Or is there another hack to real enforce the error?
> >
> > Thank you!
> > Ruben
>
> Hi Ruben,
> this should not happen.
>
> Could you paste some real code.

This is actually the intended behaviour.
When I created 'forced' errors, I considered them to be 'display'
orientated, and they shouldn't interfere the logic side of things.

The current equivalent of what you want, would be:
    if ( $form->submitted && ! @{ $form->get_errors({ forced => 1 }) } ) {
    }

We could maybe change submitted_and_valid() to accept the same
arguments as get_errors(), so you could do:
    if ( $form->submitted_and_valid({ forced => 1 }) ) {
    }