[html-formfu] Sending params to *_loc

Brian Cassidy brian.cassidy at nald.ca
Tue Oct 30 12:35:52 GMT 2007

Hey Gang,

Normally, localization is pretty simple; pass in a key, get back the
translated value. Sometimes you might need to do something more complex,
like pass in a custom piece of information.

So, I'd like to be able to specify 'Hello %1' as my key (or 'Hello [_1]'
-- I can't quite remember which syntax it uses by default) along with a
param. This is most useful for dealing with URLs as params.

For e.g., the way it is now:

content_loc: Foo <a href="__uri_for(/baz)__">Bar</a>!

With the test server, my key will be: Foo <a
href="http://localhost:3000/baz">Bar</a>!

However, this will differ in the production location. Not ideal at all.

So, I'd like to be able to do:

content_loc:
   - Foo <a href="%1">Bar</a>!
   - __uri_for(/baz)__