[html-formfu] Programmatically changing a HTML::FormFu::Element::Select option list

Scott Wall-gmail tswall at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 00:56:23 GMT 2007

I apologize if the answer to the question is obvious as I am just
acquainting myself with the Catalyst framework and Perl in general. I am a
java and ruby developer by background. How does one programmatically access
the list of options in a HTML::FormFu::Element::Select option list? As a
form is loaded via $form->load_config_file( $my_yml_file ) I'd like to set a
given option as selected based on data pulled from the database, but the
option list appears to be a nested arrayref that I can't seem to manipulate.

I have done this with other elements, for example
HTML::FormFu::Element::Text elements as follows:

    my $textbox_elements =3D $form->get_elements({type =3D> 'Text' });
    foreach my $tb (@$textbox_elements) {
        my $element_name =3D $tb->{name};

        my $sf =3D get_some_object_from_the_database();
        $tb->attributes->{value} =3D $sf->finding_value;
    }

Any assistance would be wonderful.

Regards,
Scott