[html-formfu] out of memory errors under perl debugger

Mario Minati mario.minati at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 11 20:59:40 GMT 2007

On Tuesday 11 September 2007 20:54:09 Jim Spath wrote:
> Jim Spath wrote:
> > There seems to be a problem with running HTML::FormFu under the Perl
> > debugger.  The following code works perfectly fine, but when I run it
> > under the debugger it dies with an "Out of memory!" error.
> >
> > use HTML::FormFu;
> >
> > my $formfu = HTML::FormFu->new({
> >   render_class_args => {
> >     INCLUDE_PATH => '../../templates/formfu',
> >   },
> >   elements => [
> >     {
> >      name => 'foo',
> >      type => 'Text',
> >     },
> >   ],
> > });
> >
> > print $formfu;
> >
> > I am running HTML::FormFu version 0.01003 under Perl 5.8.7 on Ubuntu LTS
> > 6.06.
>
> I'm narrowed it down a bit and the "Out of memory!" error seems to occur
>   in HTML::FormFu::Render::base::xhtml() when we call $template->process().
>
> If it matters I am using Template 2.19.

A few days ago I also was using the perl debugger with my Catalyst application
that uses FormFu (svn) and had no problems, except that it told me that I am
more than 100 subroutines deep in the code.

When calling $template->process the control goes over to the Template::Toolkit
library. Maybe upgrading or reinstalling that library helps.

Greets,
Mario