[html-formfu] HTML::FormFu::Element::DBIC::Select for review

Mario Minati mario.minati at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 13 12:02:13 GMT 2007

On Wednesday 12 September 2007 15:41:29 Zbigniew Lukasiak wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Have you had a look at
> http://search.cpan.org/~zby/HTML-Widget-DBIC-0.03/lib/HTML/Widget/DBIC.pm
> ?  It was solving a similar problem for HTML::Widget.  Granted it is a
> bit experimental.
>
> I am planning to port it to FormFu.
>
> Does your version work only in Catalyst environment?

What you did in that module is very smotth connected with the Action
Controller. What I tried in my module is to follow Carls config file
approach, which I like very much.

It would be good to combine each ways to a common way handling that stuff. And
the way Carl is trying to use the information from the DBIC could be a very
elegant soultion in form automatism, I could also provide solutions for the
DBIC stuff that we are needing.

The second thing Carl was suggesting a few days ago, to create a generic
HTML::FormFu::DBIC base class for elements, constraints and maybe filters
might also be considered before investing more time in DBIC classes for
FormFu.

Maybe we can start collecting goals for such a HTML::FormFu::DBIC class.

Greets,
Mario