[html-formfu] DBIC-FormFu extension

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 10:02:47 GMT 2007

On 18/09/2007, Mario Minati <mario.minati at googlemail.com> wrote:
> If you have the following form fields:
>     private_street
>     private_city
>     private_email
>     office_street
>     office_city
>     office_email

> You most likely would like to save both datasets in same table:
>     my $private = $user->new_related( 'data', { type => 'private' } );
>     $private->populate_from_formfu( $form, { prefix_col => 'private_' } );
>     my $office = $user->new_related( 'data', { type => 'office' } );
>     $office->populate_from_formfu( $form, { prefix_col => 'office_' } );

I think a more elegant solution would be by adding support for
'nested' params, e.g.

with the following input:
    "private.street" => x
    "private.city" => y
    "private.email" => z

$form->param('private') would return a hashref:
{
    street => x,
    city => y,
    email => z,
}

(or use the alternative syntax, "private[street]", "private[city]", etc.)

Then do something like:

    $relationship->populate_from_formfu(
        $form,
        { param => 'private' } );

Also, it's maybe not immediately helpful in this example, but I'd like
to break out the logic from Element/Dojo/Repeatable.pm into a core
Element/Repeatable.pm element.
This could help with some relationships, as it would provide automatic
handling of multiple fields by adding an increasing numerical suffix
to the fieldname.