[html-formfu] Use uri_for in the form

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 17:05:26 GMT 2007

On 20/09/2007, kewei xiao <kewei.xiao at nald.ca> wrote:
> Hi Carl
>
>     I am trying to put a link on my form to link to other page, I know I
> can use __uri_for(URI)__ in the yml file, but I am not exactly sure
> where I should put it.
>
>    e.g,  I have link called "Lostpassword" on my form, when people click
> it, it will direct them to lostpassword page,
>
>            here is what I am trying to do:
>
>           - type: block
>             tag: p
>             content: Lostpassword
>
>            then I am not sure where i can put my url

You would have to either put your link html directly in the content, like so:

    - type: Block
      tag: p
      content_xml: '<a href="__uri_for(/lost-passwd)__">Lost Password</a>'

or, create the a tag with a Block:

    - type: Block
      tag: a
      content: "Lost Password"
      attrs_xml:
        - href: __uri_for(/lost-password)__

However, I've only used formfu's block elements to create markup in
quick-n-dirty scripts - it's more "MVC" to put the link directly into
your template file that contains the form.