[html-formfu] Standalone testing with FormFu

Zbigniew Lukasiak zzbbyy at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 10:40:58 GMT 2007

On 9/24/07, Carl Franks <fireartist at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 24/09/2007, Zbigniew Lukasiak <zzbbyy at gmail.com> wrote:
> > This thread reminds me of my other idea - how about letting the form
> > to load the config from a string instead of a file?  This would let
> > you create some more self-containing tests.
>
> Can you give an example of what you're thinking of?

Sure.  When I write tests I need to create two files - the test itself
and the config file.  For example - this is my test:

my $form = HTML::FormFu->new( { stash => { schema => $schema } } );
$form->load_config_file('t/var/config.yml');
my $by_pkey = $form->get_element( { name => 'by_pkey' } );
my $options = $by_pkey->_options;
is ( scalar @$options, 3, 'Number of options' );

It would be simpler if I could provide the config directly in the test:
my $form = HTML::FormFu->new( { stash => { schema => $schema } } );
my $config = "
---
elements:
   - type: MySelect
     name: by_pkey
     resultset: User
     search_attr:
       order_by:
         - id
   - type: MySelect
     name: name
     resultset: User
     presentation: name
     search_attr:
       order_by:
         - id
   - type: MySelect
     name: where
     resultset: User
     presentation: name
     search_attr:
       where:
         id: 3
       order_by:
         - id
"

$form->load_config( $config );

Then - when writing about some bug I could just send one self
containing test case - and you could just run it and see the results.

--
Zbigniew Lukasiak
http://brudnopis.blogspot.com/