[html-formfu] HTML-FormFu-DBIC

Mario Minati mario.minati at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 26 20:50:38 GMT 2007

On Wednesday 26 September 2007 20:37:29 Zbigniew Lukasiak wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I've added support for the has_many and many_to_many relations to
> fill_formfu_values and populate_from_formfu (with some tests - but
> it's still a bit of a hack). For me the historic baggage of having
> those methods in the database model was annoying. I believe the model
> should not depend on the interface and the model code should be clean
> of interface stuff.  That's why I moved those subroutines into
> HTML::FormFu::DBIC (now they are not methods now - but if it makes
> more sense for you I can make them methods of the form).
>
> See the attachment for details.

Hi,

that's realy a chunk of code. I'm missing some inline comments ;-)

As I'm not an DBIC expert it's realy hard to get what happens when you dive
into it, so my brain stopped following at
	$dbic->$method( [ $objects_rs->all ] );
Are you setting multiple User objects (for where Selectbox) for the current db
row?

Which code is for many_to_many and which for has_many?

Greets,
Mario