[html-formfu] catalyst, formfu and unicode

Josef Chladek josef.chladek at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 15:58:56 GMT 2007

hello list,

after endless hours of debugging, here are my recommendations for
correct use of utf8 with Catalyst and HTML::FormFu

1) don't use Catalyst::Plugin::Unicode
2) don't use "use utf8" in the controller, that has formfu stuff in it
3) don't use .yml configs, use Config::General instead (maybe others
working as well)
4) in I18/de.pm remove "use utf8", otherwise error-messages corrupt
the rest of the page

at least for me now everything is encoded correctly (and my other
controllers work as well correctly with utf8)

C:P:Compress:Gzip is ok to use (contrary to what I said yesterday)

thanks for all the help
josef