[html-formfu] many_to_many filling

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 14:09:53 BST 2008

On 01/04/2008, Alex Povolotsky <tarkhil at over.ru> wrote:
> Carl Franks wrote:
>  > On 01/04/2008, Alex Povolotsky <tarkhil at over.ru> wrote:
>  >
>  >> defaults_from_model does only default settings.
>  >>
>  >>  To fill select/checkbox group/whatever else, one must add to .yml file:
>  >>
>  >>  db:
>  >>   model: (name-of-your-Catalyst-model)
>  >>   resultset: (name-of-proper-resultset)
>  >>   label_column: (column to put into label)
>  >>
>  >>  It is not documented anywhere but can be extracted from
>  >>  HTML/FormFu/Element/_Group.pm.
>  >>
>  >>  I'm still researching case of incorrect SQL statement for many_to_many
>  >>  model.
>  >>
>  >
>  > You're trying the use features that are still in the process of being
>  > changed, and are still undocumented - so unfortunately, you are going
>  > to have a bit of a hard time.
>  >
>  > Have you gone through the list archives [1] from before you
>  > subscribed, to see what was going on?
>  >
>  > As I listed earlier [2] - things needing finished for the next CPAN release:
>  > * finish the model changes
>  > * document the model + changes
>  >
>  > I've been really busy lately and unable to spend much time on formfu -
>  > I will get round to finishing these things off, but if anyone wants
>  > these features now, they're going to have to help out with patches!
>  >

> Right now, I see nothing to patch but manual. If this interface is not
>  going to change soon, I may do it.

Alex,

Make sure you're looking at the latest code:
http://html-formfu.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/HTML-FormFu
http://html-formfu.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/HTML-FormFu-Model-DBIC

It's no longer:

    db:
        blah: blah

it's now:

    model_config:
      DBIC:
        blah: blah

Even if does end up changing slightly, it's easier to fix
documentation that's already been written, than starting from scratch
- so yes, a doc patch would be appreciated!

This probably ought to be documented in lib/HTML/FormFu/Element/_Group.pm
also with a link from lib/HTML/FormFu/Model/DBIC.pm to that documentation.

Thanks,