[html-formfu] Side effect of checkbox name

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 09:36:13 BST 2008

On 09/04/2008, Alex Povolotsky <tarkhil at over.ru> wrote:
> Hello!
>
>  Trying HTML::FormFu (svn today), I've found that form for editing data with
> has_many relation cleans relation _sometimes_.
>
>  After some investigation, I've discovered that
>
>      - type: Checkbox
>        name: delete
>        value: 1
>        model_config:
>          DBIC:
>            delete_if_true: 1
>
>  cleans up relation, while
>
>      - type: Checkbox
>        name: del
>        value: 1
>        model_config:
>          DBIC:
>            delete_if_true: 1
>
>  works ok.
>
>  I guess it should be mentioned somewhere in manuals...

This is already in the docs for HTML-FormFu-Model-DBIC

<quote>

=head1 CAVEATS

To ensure your column's inflators and deflators are called, we have to
get / set values using their named methods, and not with C<get_column> /
C<set_column>.

Because of this, beware of having column names which clash with DBIx::Class
built-in method-names, such as C<delete>. - It will have obviously
undesirable results!

</quote>

This isn't really specific to FormFu - it's a general DBIC issue.