[html-formfu] Passing values to from the config to custom templates

Tobias Henöckl hoeni-formfu at sisyphus.de
Fri Apr 18 11:43:52 BST 2008

Hi,

I'm setting up a custom, tt-rendered, form element and need to pass a
configuration from the YAML file straight to the rendered template.

My first idea was to simply build an accessor method within the custom
element module and query it from the template, but that didnt work out
(non existent).

Having a closer look, I found "self" in the controller just beeing a
simple hash containing some values instead of beeing the
HTML::FormFu::Element object himself.

I'd be glad to find a way to workaround this. (and btw, what could be
the reason for the "object hiding"?)

For example:

     - type: CountryChooserGeneric
       name: country
       label_loc: Land
       constraints:
         - Required
       countrydefaultsfrom:
         - param_country
         - session_country
         - domain_country

Now I'm looking for a way to access the  list "countrydefaultsfrom" from
within the template.

Any hints?

Thank you!

Tobias