[html-formfu] UTF-8 double encoding with HTML::FormFu

Immofrance - Green-Acres admin at immofrance.com
Mon Apr 28 14:21:59 BST 2008

Hi,

Looking at your example, I would recommend you to first look at:
http://search.cpan.org/~cfranks/HTML-FormFu-0.02004/lib/HTML/FormFu/Manual/Unicode.pod

It will tell you a correct configuration of your base yaml should have been more:
---
name: testI18N
using_frontend_proxy: 1
'Controller::HTML::FormFu':
  languages_from_context: 1
  localize_from_context: 1
  constructor:
    tt_args:
      ENCODING: UTF-8

  ENCODING: UTF-8

And other stuffs as apparently this improve your example but is not enough.

Another solution is to get the working example from CPAN:
wget http://search.cpan.org/CPAN/authors/id/C/CF/CFRANKS/HTML-FormFu-0.02004.tar.gz
tar xfz HTML-FormFu-0.02004.tar.gz
cd HTML-FormFu-0.02004/examples/
perl scrip/unicode/
perl script/unicode_server.pl

So far I have been able to do everything starting from there. I still have encodings problems as I want to use a 'po' dictionary instead of 'pm', and it does not seems to work if I put 'use utf8;' in the code.

BGaly