[html-formfu] UTF-8 double encoding with HTML::FormFu

Andreas Marienborg omega at palle.net
Mon Apr 28 22:00:39 BST 2008

On Apr 28, 2008, at 5:44 PM, Immofrance - Green-Acres wrote:

> Thanks Andreas,
>
> I though
> "
>  ENCODING: UTF-8
> "
> In 'myapp.yml' would have done the job.

No, this only works if the files are BOM'ed (I think). with template
provider encoding, you can specify a default, and override with [% USE
encoding 'iso-8859-1' %] in templates if needed.

> Would you have a full sample app running that you could provide ? It
> would be really helpful for anyone that really wants to do I18N with
> Catalyst and Formfu.

No, sorry, but I am working on an opensource application that uses
theese things now, but there is no utf-8 specifics there yet.

- andreas