[html-formfu] How to handle checkboxes

Dermot paikkos at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 27 13:19:20 BST 2008

Hi,

As a first post I would like to say what a great framework FormFu is.

I have a feeling my first question is not the smartest to ask but here goes.

My form has a series of checkboxs that correspond to true/false fields.

I am doing this to

   if ($c->model->{val} == 1) {
             $box->attributes->{checked} = 'true';
   }

This gives me a source like this

<label>Has type</label>
<input name="hastype" type="checkbox" checked="true" />

My query is whether this is correct HTML (4)?

I had a look at the WC3 site and I think checked is an attribute but I
thought I should be getting a source like
<input name="hastype" type="checkbox" checked  />

Am I using the right methods?
Thanx,
Dp.