[html-formfu] undefined variable issue

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 08:22:52 BST 2008

2008/8/28 Rod Taylor <rod.taylor at gmail.com>:
> HTML::FormFu 0.03003 seems to have an attribute with an undefined
> value. Don't recall seeing these warnings with 0.03001.
>
> "Use of uninitialized value in sprintf at
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/HTML/FormFu/Util.pm line 318."
>
> The below patch will silence the warning. I did not investigate to see
> if the warnings should be there or not.
>
> The attached .yml file defines a simple form causing the problem
> though I have many others if necessary.

There's not been any change to process_attrs() since 0.03001
What's causing the warning is the following line in your yaml:
    action:
That's not necessary, as formfu always outputs an empty action="" if
you don't set one yourself.
Actually, I'm surprised that's not a syntax error - I thought you had
to explicitly set an undef like so:
    action: ~

Anyway, I've fixed process_attrs() so it'll turn any undef's into an
empty string, so there won't be any warning - though your patch wasn't
quite suitable, as it would have turned any zero value="0" into an
empty string value="", which would break some radiogroups I use.

Cheers,