[html-formfu] "Column 'id' in field list is ambiguous"

Charlie Garrison garrison at zeta.org.au
Thu Dec 4 05:32:39 GMT 2008

Good afternoon,

On 4/12/08 at 6:13 AM +0100, Jens Schwarz <blacky6767 at gmx.de> wrote:

>If I now want to edit a band, I get this "ambiguous" error message:
>
>DBIx::Class::ResultSetColumn::all(): DBI Exception:
>DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Column 'id' in field list is
>ambiguous [for Statement "SELECT id FROM bands_has_genres me
>JOIN genres genres_id ON ( genres_id.id = me.genres_id ) WHERE
>( me.bands_id = ? )" with ParamValues: 0='7'] at
>/opt/aperl/ActivePerl-5.10/site/lib/HTML/FormFu/Model/DBIC.pm
>line 200
>
>What am I doing wrong?

I had a similar problem and I had to remove the 'id' column from
the join table, and instead used a compound primary key based on
the related keys.

For unrelated reasons I'd prefer to have an id column, but I
couldn't get it to work. I'd love to hear of a proper fix which
allows the join table to have the id column.

Charlie

--
    Charlie Garrison  <garrison at zeta.org.au>
    PO Box 141, Windsor, NSW 2756, Australia

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt