[html-formfu] dbic config + backwards compatibility cycles

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 14:26:40 GMT 2008

This is just a heads-up that I'm having to make some changes to how
FormFu Model backends are handled, to ensure we can support
multiple-models in the future - as the initial implementation of
models was a bit of a rush-job.

Unfortunately, this means any 'db' settings in our config files /
element setup are going to have to be changed.

However - I'm making sure that the old config style will remain
working for at least a few more cpan releases, to ensure nobody's apps
break immediately.

* This is going to be our policy from now on: if anything has to be
changed, make every effort possible to provide a backwards compatible
method for several release-cycles, which issues a 'deprecated'
warning. *

So, to summarize:
- Beware that some things will be changing, but nothing will immediately break.
- If you're creating any new forms that use HTML-FormFu-Model-DBIC,
you may be better off keeping track of svn trunk, so you can use the
new style config immediately, and hopefully not have to change
anything later.

Cheers,