[html-formfu] Question about DBIC-integration

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 21:26:49 GMT 2008

On 12/02/2008, Carl Franks <fireartist at gmail.com> wrote:
> Maybe something more along the line of Roles would be better?
> so in your config you could do something like:
>     roles: ['Catalyst::StashUserID']
> which would load the relevant class, and do the dirty work.

The more I think about this, the more I like the idea.
I'll stick to calling it Plugins, though, as I'm probably abusing the
term 'roles'.

I think this could be implemented using the same code as constraints, etc.
and use the same syntax.

    ---
    plugins:
      - 'Catalyst::StashUserID'
      - type: SomeOtherPlugin
        some: options

I imagine allowing the plugins to have hooks into various stages, such
as process, post_process, render, etc.
And possibly allow for plugins to be attached to a single element, as
well as to the form.

This would allow for Catalyst-specific behaviour, and keep it
restricted to a Catalyst* namespace.
I think I'd probably also move some functionality that I've recently
added, into plugins instead - to keep the core a little cleaner.