[html-formfu] Using FormFu, Catalyst and DBIC with related tables

Christian Sánchez sanchezchristian at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 05:11:02 GMT 2008

Hi, I was reading the article in the catalyst advent calendar, and I
really like the way this module handle DBIC classes to save data in
the Model, I use the example application and it works fine.
Is there a "complete" example about how handle related tables?, I was
looking for in the mailing list and there are some mails talking about
this to make some changes in the module's code, I was looking in the
documentation also, and I find the HTML::FormFu::Model::DBIC page but
there in the might_have and has_one relationships section says:

"Set field values from a related row with a might_have or has_one
relationship by placing the fields within a Block (or any element that
inherits from Block, such as Fieldset) with its "nested_name" in
HTML::FormFu set to the relationships name."

then I look for the nested_name section in the docpage for
HTML::FormFu, but I find nothing about this. I was searching for
something like this in the others manpages and nothing, maybe I miss
something, but I really don't understand how to use this .. Maybe if
you can help me sending an example on how use the relationships, I
think is enough to understand it, I don't know is there an example on
some site or in the documentation. But I really appreciate this!

By the way, I'm trying to make a debian package for this module and
for the Catalyst::Controller::HTML::FormFu , actually I made a debian
package for myself (version 0.02003) to be able use this in my boxes
..

Thanks!! and apologies if this is Off Topic for this mailing list.

--
Christian Sánchez
Usuario GNU/Linux 234800
Jabber ID: g013m at bulmalug.net