[html-formfu] PATCH for timezone support for H::F::Inflator::DateTime

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 21:56:27 BST 2008

2008/7/17 Moritz Onken <onken at houseofdesign.de>:
> Could you implement a default_time_zone config option?
> This would be really useful beacase you only have to set it once.

Hm, I think we ought to supplement the element_defaults() method with
some new ones:
  deflator_defaults()
  filter_defaults
  constraint_defaults()
  transformer_defaults()
  validator_defaults()
  inflator_defaults()

This would let you achieve that (using
Catalyst-Controller-HTML-FormFu) by adding the following to your
app.yml config

'Controller::HTML::FormFu':
  constructor:
    inflator_defaults:
      DateTime:
        time_zone:'Europe/Helsinki'

- If you're not using Catalyst, I would suggest having a global form
config that you can put your defaults in, and then including that in
all your form configs.

These new methods would be quite an easy addition, so I could probably
squeeze it in tomorrow.