[html-formfu] Re: model_config changes - back to last release behaviour

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 15:21:21 BST 2008

2008/6/5 Carl Franks <fireartist at gmail.com>:
> I've changed HTML-FormFu-Model-DBIC so that it expects the config in:
>    model_config:
>        stuff: here
>
> rather than:
>    model_config
>      DBIC:
>        stuff: here
>
> (See previous threads over the past few months, for why)
>
> This matches the behaviour of the last CPAN release.
> Apologies to anyone who's been following svn, you've going to have to
> change your config.
> (Yes, I've got a couple of apps myself I'm going to have to change back).
>
> Consider this now written in stone ;)

In line with our "deprecation policy" that I outlined earlier in the
year, I've added a compatibility layer to Model-DBIC, so that the old
model_config->{DBIC} syntax will still work for now, so existing apps
using this style config won't suddenly break if HTML-FormFu is
updated, they'll just start spewing warnings about the deprecated
config syntax.

Although the "old" model_config->{DBIC} has never been released to
CPAN, there's been so many new list-subscribers in the past few
months, who may have been using the svn code, that I thought this
compatibility was necessary.

So yes, it's still written in stone - I'm just not chucking it at you, is all ;)

Cheers,