[html-formfu] Date element validation

Ronald J Kimball rkimball+formfu at pangeamedia.com
Thu Jun 12 16:46:16 BST 2008

Hello,

I'm having some difficulties with the validation for date elements.

As suggested in the cookbook, I added a DateTime inflator to my date
element.  This did not give me the results I expected.

If the only error in the submissions is an invalid date, then the form
will be rendered with the "Invalid date" error message, as expected.
However, if there are any other errors in the submission (such as a
missing required field), then only those error messages are displayed;
the invalid date error is not generated.

I feel that this makes for a poor user experience, because it adds an
extra step for the user to fix all the errors.

Is there a way to set up proper validation for date elements, that will
occur at the same time as all the other validation?

thanks,
Ronald